Friday, October 24, 2008

To Devin-2008 Election

Devin, it will be so interesting to see what the political landscape looks like when you're my age. My guess, it won't be much different. (unfortunately)

It will probably take a while for you to pay any attention to politics. It was in high school when I started to care. I saw my first classmate getting ready to serve in the Gulf War. It was the first time I saw Army Camo in the desert style.

Both of your Grandpa's served in the US Army. You're so lucky to live in a country where there is a choice. That's why it's so, so important that you pay attention to current events and VOTE every chance you get.

This election is a 1st for me. I have no one to vote for. I will vote, but it will most likely be for someone that can't win.

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/


I've always respected Ron Paul and his ideas for our country make so much sense. Basically, he wants to minimize the power for the Federal Government and give as much power to the states as possible. He's fiscally conservative, socially in-the-middle & follows the Constitution pretty closely. He voted against Iraq & would withdraw troops over time.

I respect John McCain, cant stand Palin & worry we'll get 4 more years of Bush-like policies.

I respect and agree with Obama on many social issues, but that's about it.

I promise, that's it for politics on this blog.

No comments: