Thursday, November 19, 2009

Livin' On Tulsa Time

My trip to Tulsa was uneventful and it was good to see some of my family. Mom and I needed a good breakfast to face our very long Tuesday.

Nothing like a local diner to fill your tummy!

Photobucket

Apparently, they're known for their cinnamon rolls. I ordered one, but there was a 20 minute wait. Our tight time schedule meant a picture of the roll would have to do.
Photobucket

The biscuits and gravy sufficed.
Photobucket

The place was nearly full...and local law enforcement were present. (Always a good sign)
Photobucket

Mama Lou's house. Oh. My. God. When a 90 year old still lives at home alone...let's just say she had a few collections. Layers and layers of stuff, dust, catalogs.....

Like these clowns.
Photobucket

Jesus scarves.
Photobucket

The funeral was nice, as funerals go. We were waiting in the Bride's room. See the smiles?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Homemade lunch from the church ladies.
Photobucket

I flew back in the late afternoon, but didn't get home until well after midnight. It was an exhausting day & I'm glad it's over. Mom's still in Tulsa, so she can continue to help Bob and Carole with the house.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Saying goodbye is never easy. I hope you were able to draw on your good memories to help you through! It was nice to see the pictures.