Friday, July 10, 2009

Splash Park Success

I know 2 people who LOVE the Splash Park inside the Zoo...Dev and Me!

Here's why Devin had fun:

(Sorry for the crappy video, I'm learning how to use my new phone)



I had fun because she could play everything without my help!

The key (for us) was to get to the park early, as in we were the first stroller through the gates. She had about 15-20 minutes to check everything out and get a feel how this splash park thing works.

After that, it got crowded.

-She did have to learn about waiting in a longish line for the slides.

-Apparently it's impossible for her not to run...but there's no running allowed, so I reminded her about that rule 50+ times.

-She still managed to get water up her nose, which was our only crying of the morning.

-She got pushed down (by accident) but recovered on her own.

When it started getting really crowded, she came up and said:

"Let's have our snack and go on the Merry-Go-Round."

Perfect. We made a graceful exit back through the Zoo...it's about a 1/2 mile back to the main gate, but uphill at about 45 degrees. Devin actually asked me if I was ok...huffing and puffing her and the BIG stroller uphill!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Looks like you guys had a great time...

have a nice weekend...