Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why I Love Tennis

My parents played tennis on the public courts when I was little. They didn't push me into tennis...just a gentle nudge when I was around 11 or 12 yrs old.

Cute boys play tennis, which was all I needed to stick with it. I played 4 years in high school

Photobucket

and eventually walked on the SIUE tennis team my Junior year and earned a full scholarship for the rest of my Bachelor's degree. Playing tennis in college was an awesome experience. I got to travel, experience a whole new level of play and it kept me fairly focused.

I credit Matt with getting me back into tennis, sometime late my Freshman year. We met, since we lived in the same apartment building...but we stayed just friends until late my sophomore year. He encouraged me to try out for the team.

Once again, he was right.

Last night, I had one of the toughest matches I can remember. I played a lady who also happens to be a grandmother. Pretty much the only reason I won, was I wore her down. And, I ran her like a $2.00 mule.

There aren't many sports like tennis. (Golf is close)

I have to play a 4.5 match this evening & I'm tired/sore from last night. Plus, the team we play is full of scholarship players from U of K.

It should be quick and painless.

No comments: