Thursday, September 11, 2008

Preschool Days 5 & 6

This has been a busy week!

We're thrilled (and honestly surprised) how well Dev has adjusted to preschool. I want to nurture her sensitivity and awareness, not stifle and fight it. In many ways, those attributes are what I love most about her Daddy...

I'm thinking her strong need to have things "just so"may come from me. She notices if anything is out of place in her room. A tiny plastic golf ball was near the dresser and she cried for us to come move it. *sigh*

The preschool teachers report she is engaging in all activities, with a special fondness for music time with Miss Cindy. We had no tears at drop-off this week and attempted a full day today. (8:50-11:30) I went in at 11:15, assuming she was tired.

I was right. They said at about 11:00 she started asking for me and getting anxious. She cried for a few minutes at pick-up, but asked in the car if we could, "go to preschool again soon." Today alone they:

-Painted
-Glued pom-poms on paper and added glitter
-Sorted M&M's by color and ate them
-Music time
-Playground

We went to our favorite Sushi place for lunch. Seriously, I've never seen her eat like this. She devoured anything set in front of her.

-An entire plate of edamame (aka "Sushi Beans)
-Every bite of a 6 piece California Roll (minus the seaweed)
-She insisted on sipping her bites in Soy sauce like I was
-2 cups of ice water
-sips of my Diet Coke

She was so wound up, it took her 2 hours to fall asleep at nap time. I was treated to a 2-hour concert consisting mainly of Itsy-Bitsy Spider, Old MacDonald, Twinkle Twinkle and the "Goodbye Song" from preschool. Oh, and a bunch of stuff about Gymboree.

No comments: