Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An amazing day

It was the perfect storm. Grandma's in Mexico, preschool canceled again for ice and snow, 15 degrees outside...lots of time on my hands.

For the 3rd time in a week someone asked me, "Are you on Facebook?"

Because I really need another way to waste time.

So, I broke down and updated my profile. I searched for a few old names, which led me to more old names and so on.

Within hours, I made contact with a majority of my old friends from high school and college. It was amazing to see how people had changed...and not changed. And, it was comforting to know how many old friends seem happy. Of course, most people don't cover their Facebook page with "My life's a wreck" buttons and "I'm miserable" tickers....but my initial impression was folks were just about where they wanted to be.

And that's pretty cool.

It's also freaking me out a bit.

-My very best high school friend is doing what she loves...happy & healthy. So awesome.

-I heard from my cousin. It's been at least 20 years.

-One friend has a son who is a freshman in high school.

-It's been over 20 years since I heard from a certain Junior High friend.

-And, I heard from my first boyfriend/first love/high school sweetheart. (Who gently broke my heart when I went away to college) I chuckled when I saw he married a blond. I just knew he had a thing for us....

No comments: