Monday, August 1, 2011

Blast From the Past

We stumbled upon some old videos of Devin, hidden deep within our external hard drive. I love listening to her little voice ramble on about apple pie and not taking pictures. I forgot how much she used to hate me filming or taking pictures of her. I also realize how many "cooking shows" she's done for us. I think I posted this video a loooooong time ago.

"Apple pie is difficult. You have to touch it. Never, ever touch it."



I returned home from work the other day, to find this note. Any guesses?

What do Ninjas, babies in closets, tree drains, escalators and snakes have in common?

They're all NOT in Cinderella. Apparently, Devin thought it was important to make note of the differences between the movie they were watching and the story of Cinderella.
Photobucket

We're busy relishing the last 2 weeks of summer vacation. Our days are filled with play dates, swimming pools and crafts. Next week, we visit Montessori for registration/meeting her teacher. August 15th is the first day of school, but they spend that week in "transition." This allows the students to acclimate at their own pace and get settled in to the routine.

We also signed up for the Fall session of ballet/tap class. Devin absolutely loved her mini-session this summer and I'm very pleased with the studio. It's a no-nonsense, no-frills, family owned and run studio. This fall, she will be learning small routines and will have a recital at the end. The studio provides DVD's and photos, so parents don't have to strain to film the event.

The unrelenting July heat made gardening a challenge. I learned pole beans are a complete waste of time and garden space. I couldn't believe the massive foliage, without many beans. Never again, I'll stick to my Blue Lake bush beans. My tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, pumpkins and corn are all thriving. More pictures later!

No comments: