Thursday, October 7, 2010

I've NEVER used the word "random" in a post title


Until today!!! There you go blog world...I broke Rule #1!

We thought this stuffed cat Halloween decoration would freak out the cats.

It didn't.
Photobucket

Devin returned to "cooking" for about an hour each day this week. It's serious business.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday night, I had an intense craving for Fried Green Tomatoes...and Matt obliged.
Photobucket

Then, I got it in my head to purchase an entire Beef Tenderloin & use it for 3-4 different meals. I had major buyers regret that afternoon...the roast itself was over $80.00.
Photobucket

BUT, it made a 2 lb roast, 5 filets and a nice section of tail. I used the tail to make Beef Stroganoff last night.
Photobucket

For my Mom's Birthday, I made the 2 lb roast with an amazing Roasted Shallot Sauce. The beef stock was homemade from my soup bones. (Froze the rest) It was really good, although I always like my beef a bit more done than everyone else.
Photobucket

Devin attended another birthday party this weekend. She had a great time and worked up quite a sweat. It was so cold out that day, but the indoor bounce place was warm!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday, Devin got her annual Halloween box from her cousins.
Photobucket

She LOVED the card! "It looks just like Baxter...I mean Woofy!"

Devin wants Baxter to be a puppy so much, she re-named him "Woofy." Like, seriously. We all have to call him Woofy. He responds to Woofy, now. She's also strong enough to carry him around, wrap him in blankets, brush his fur, move his feet "like bicycles" and many other very irritating things. Baxter, I mean Woofy, puts up with it all. Only, crying slightly, when she really crosses the line. One time, he scratched her arm...but that was probably an accident.
Photobucket

Thanks for being patient Baxter. I mean, Woofy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Erin said...

that stuffed cat freaks me out! glad to see dev back in the kitchen :)

Megan said...

I'm DYING over that kitties expression! And poor Woof. But Woof makes that baby stroller look fun.

The $80 worth of meat is hilarious. I'm super proud of you for putting it all to use.

Leah said...

Devin is a doll! Just catching up on my very back logged blog reading! LOL It's been a while, hope everything is going great!