Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's not a real party until the costumes come out...

Had a blast in Peoria. It was nice to spend the extra day and settle in a bit. Each trip is a little different with Dev. When her beloved routine is disturbed, the outcome can be...um...interesting.

We didn't have too many tantrums, but lots (and I mean lots) of "Mama Do It." My least favorite 3 words right now.

Photobucket

Carl & Elaine are amazing! They got to meet Devin, play pool and ping pong!
Photobucket

One thing that holds true with every trip, is Dev's love of the piano. My two favorite piano moments:
-I was trying to play Pop Goes the Weasel. Like, with one note at a time. Devin announced I wasn't doing the pedals right. Like Gramma. Then she leans over and yells to Ann in the kitchen, "Gramma, Mama can't do it."

-After her bath on the last night, Ann was playing something as we came down the stairs. Dev climbed up to the bench in her silky Panda pj's. The sat perfectly still, clutching froggy, listening to the music. No singing, talking, banging on the keys. Such a sweet scene.

Until she turns around to me and says (very seriously), "Mama can't do the pedals."
Photobucket

Lots of requests for Humpty. And "The Spinning Song."

Never figured out what she meant by that.
Photobucket

Awesome to see C&C.
Photobucket

Time for some Frolf.
Photobucket

Lily. Nuff' said.
Photobucket

Spanakopita. No matter how your pronounce it, YUM! When Ann gets a hankering, she goes all out. Home made, from scratch Spanakopita. We watched the Phyllo dough process, which I remember watching my Dad do for various recipes. (Baklava, Beef Wellington)

So, so good. I need the recipe.
Photobucket

Lucky...

They got rain. Dev slipped during a puddle stomping excursion.
Photobucket

She's ok. Tough girl.
Photobucket

Pa-Pa. There's nothing like the relationship between a granddaughter and Grandpa. Some of my best memories are various things about my 2 grandpas.

I remember thinking how much they slept!

I remember going places with them in the car...getting spoiled rotten. I still have a stuffed (very pathetic looking) white cat, bought for me by Grandpa at the pharmacy. I can picture the drug store, the toys, ice cream.
Photobucket

No comments: